VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Gongshow Style Booze/Games/Cooking Extravaganza - Beginner Friendly · Sat. Jan. 11th - Sun. Jan. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 11th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 12th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jan. 9th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside VOC Clubroom
Would rather not stay in Vancouver this weekend and my sister is in town and I promised to show her some of BC... this is a totally non-objective based trip i.e. we will head to red heather (basically somewhere with a shelter) for a gongshow style booze/games/cooking extravaganza.
Plan would be to head up Sat, get to the shelter by whatever means, ski/snowshoe/camel etc, tent Sat night and come back Sun sometime having achieved not much except hopefully some fun times.
Opportunity also to participate in Diego's emergency skills first on the Saturday see here.
Pretrip will be by email faff.