VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Moderate-friendly weekend at Phelix with chocolate fondue · Fri. May. 20th - Sun. May. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, May. 20th, 6:00 pm
End: Sunday, May. 22nd, 5:00 pm
There's still snow in them mountains. Snow that needs to be skied.
Caroline and I are leading a trip up to Phelix hut. We'll leave Friday evening and car camp at the trailhead Friday night. Saturday we skin up, maybe yo-yo ski and eat chocolate fondue. Sunday, we wake up early and try to bag Aragorn or maybe Gandalf.
It's moderate-friendly because people should have skinned up switchbacks before and know how to do basic avalanche rescue. Bring an ice axe and fruit for the fondue.
No pre-trip meeting. Just sign up and we'll frantically email faff. Then we'll ski. And it will be awesome.