VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Heather Ski or ? Day trip Saturday May 21 · Saturday, May 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 21st
Suitable for people who have never skied, in which case you want to get skis, boots, poles, skins from the Clubroom during gear hours 6pm tonight Thursday. Snowshoes are ok if you don't feel adventurous, and even just boots will work.
It costs me $40 for gas to drive to Red Heather and back, but only $20 to go to Cypress and back, so we'll probably go to Cypress. If I get 4 paying passengers I drive for free!
I prefer to pick up near UBC, probably around 8am. We should be home before dark.
If you want to do this, email me or post on our web site and I'll email you back to confirm that you have a seat in my car.