VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Daughter of Ice 2: Niece of Freeze · Sat. Feb. 8th - Mon. Feb. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 8th
End: Monday, Feb. 10th
So, looks like this weird season doesn't want to let us slay the powder, so we have to vent our anger and frustration by swinging sharp picks into ice. The weather isn't nice enough for mountaineering, so some mellow ice cragging seems like a good idea.
The idea is to go to Marble Canyon for three days and top rope around there, and hopefully have nice campfires in the evenings.
However this trip would be less instructional than Daughter of Ice. Participants have to be able to belay, and would ideally be competent at setting up top ropes and cleaning anchors and this sort of thing.
I haven't actually looked into too many details myself, but will harrass knowledgeable people into sharing their secrets with me. So far I just want to get the stoke going and encourage people (especially drivers :) ) to sign up.
We have the possibility to either drive up Friday evening or Saturday morning really early. The advantage of the long weekend is that going up Saturday won't mean losing too much time.
There won't be a pre-trip meeting. Let's try to use the message board and, later, email faff to get things sorted out.
UPDATE: I have added a link to a Wiki page that lists the required gear. Check it out.