VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Vantage Climbing Roadtrip · Sat. Mar. 15th - Sun. Mar. 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 15th
End: Sunday, Mar. 16th
Due wet weather around Vancouver this weekend, we're going to go climb in Vantage for the weekend.
This trip is for people who have done some rock climbing and can top rope belay. Everything at Vantage needs to be lead, but there is lots of easier climbs (5.6 and up). This trip isn't instructional, but we'll have some people around that can help set up top ropes. We'll have a big group in the area, but spread out somewhat and hangout in the evening.
The drive is about 4.5 or 5 hours to Vantage, Washington and be leaving on Friday and back late on Sunday. We'll be car camping (for free!) at the crags and climbing on Saturday and Sunday. You'll need a passport to get into the US.
Please sign up as commited by Thursday evening at 8pm and I'll sort out rides and email everyone. Leaving times will be up to drivers, but likely Friday evening and back Sunday evening. There won't a be a pretrip meeting.
Photos shamelessly taken from Mountain Project.