VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
A hike to Petgill Lake · Sunday, June 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jun. 5th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Jun. 5th, 9:00 pm
Total time for the hike : 7 hours. There should not be snow etc. The hike is a bit strenuous in parts but it should not be bad overall provided the weather is friendly.
Starting point : Murrin Provincial Park 3 Kilometres north to Britannia Beach.
Trail starts 5 minutes walk along the highway on the east.
I have a better description of the hike in a book.
tells us that you can ask the greyhound driver to stop in between scheduled stops and we can also flag down a bus if we want to get on. This comes right after Britannia Beach which is a regular greyhound stop so there should not be much of an issue. Although this is clearly stated in the website I am not sure. I wanted to check with Greyhound but they are not picking up the call. If someelse gets through to them do tell me. If we reach the greyhound stop and see a part of our plan falling apart we might just do another hike. I don't think we need to purchase our tickets in advance.
Our aim should be to leave by the greyhound bus at pacific spirit station at 8 in the morning and I plan to take the 5:50 bus back from brittania beach. (that is let us include that in the itenary). The frequency is about 2 hrs.
By the way I am an absolute novice at hiking. So everyone is welcome. There will be 2 more people.
If we are not going to be too many people and one has a car that will be very cool.