VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Victoria Day Climbing Trip · Sat. May. 17th - Mon. May. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 17th
End: Monday, May. 19th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 14th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Kits Beach MAP
We've got three days off in May to commemorate Queen Victoria and the monarchy. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the royal family than to climb. It's going to be the perfect way to get some scratches on that new gear of yours you picked up at the buy night or work on some of the skills you learned at Son of Rock.
The location of this trip is weather dependent. Vantage is one option, since it's not a long weekend in the US so it will be less busy. Skaha is another. Smith Rocks is a little far and could be too hot. If the weather is good locally, then we'll stick to Squamish.
This trip is non-instructional for the most part. If you don't know how to set up anchors but can get a club rope and can top rope belay, people will probably set up anchors.
Car faff/location will be setup by email. The location will be decided the week before the trip. We'll have a pre-trip meeting if things are a toss up, but otherwise it will be done by email.