VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly scramble trip (Mt Sloan or Gardiner) · Sat. Jul. 19th - Sun. Jul. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Not enough participant
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 19th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 20th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 17th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Spanish Banks/Locarno Beach near the base of Tolmie St.
After the epic trip to Castle Tower, I decided it is time for a more relax overnight scrambling trip. So the plan is to select a scramble that is supposed to be a long daytrip and to convert it in two relax-ish day (well we never know, could be somehow still challenging). For now I have in mind Mt Sloan (two stars, moderate scramble with one sticky step, 5-7 hours ascent time, but 4 1/4 hours drive) or Mt Gardiner (three stars, moderate scramble, 6-9 hours ascent time, 2 3/4 hours drive, this is not the hike on Bowen island, but in Pemberton area).
This trip is beginner friendly. You will need overnight gear (can find the list here), plus a helmet and an ice axe (will teach you how to use it). Don't hesitate to email me if you have any question.
Note: The pre-trip meeting will be Thursday at Tolmie beach (where the monthly VOC bbq are). There will be bbq (Clemens birthday bbq), so you should bring food!