VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hot Springs - Party Weekend! · Fri. Sep. 19th - Sun. Sep. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 19th, 7:00 pm
End: Sunday, Sep. 21st, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 17th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
THIS TRIP HAS A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS - see Message Board Thread for details.
My birthday is this month and to celebrate, I want to take a trip to the Meager Hot Springs! The hot springs are a fantastic weekend getaway and the perfect place for an outdoor party. Plus the trail to them isn’t too awful. BYOB and a delicious dessert to share!!
This trip is beginner friendly, so long as you're comfortable with an overnight pack.
Clarification: This trip is for those with overnight hiking experience. This trip will not be lead as an introduction to overnight hiking. "Beginner friendly" was the wrong term to use; I was thinking of beginner as in new to VOC but not to hiking. I apologize for the confusion. To correct the previous statement: participants must be self sufficient hikers with an overnight pack as parts of the trail are rough.
For maximum hot spring enjoyment, parties will ideally arrive and camp at the trailhead Friday evening in hopes to hike in reasonably early Saturday morning — all the more time for enjoying in the springs! Sunday we’ll pack up and head out … whenever.
IMPORTANT: Because of the nature of this trip, some participants will likely choose to enjoy the hot springs in the nude. This is certainly NOT mandatory (there is a changing room near the springs for those so inclined), but if that possibility makes you uncomfortable, this might not be the trip for you. That being, please note:
HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. PERIOD. Likewise participants are reminded to ask permission of subjects, specifically nude subjects, before taking and publishing photographs of them. Respect your fellow hiker, their boundaries, and their privacy. I’m stating this explicitly to ensure that everyone involved can have a fun, supportive and safe environment in which to enjoy the hot springs.
In all honesty the atmposphere won't be much diffenrent than that of Wreck Beach, so please don't think that the Hot Springs are a bad place. I just want everyone to be on the same page for what is and isn't acceptable so that everyone can have a good time.
If you have any questions or concerns about this trip, please feel free to talk to me [email protected] :)
LET'S PARTY!!!!! :D