VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Frosty/Manning Park, camping, Beginner Friendly · Sat. Oct. 4th - Sun. Oct. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Not enough demand to justify carbon/driving
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 4th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 5th, 8:00 pm
A longish drive East gets us to Manning Park, where there's all sorts of things to do. A shortish hike (5km) gets us to a campsite. The next day we go up the trail to Frosty, where I had an encounter with a Pika last year. Then we drive home. We have one car with at least two empty seats. Round trip will cost you $15-$20, and Manning Park will charge you $5 for camping. If you need a tent, a stove, a sleeping bag, a mat, fear not, we have these things.
If you want to come, email me, as I have turned off the magical signup for this trip.