VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Bike from Squamish to Indian Arm and back · Sat. Jul. 30th - Sun. Jul. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Forecasted low demand- will possibly re-try in September
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 30th, 7:30 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 31st, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 27th, 1:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
This is a cheap pirated version of [url=http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,63464,63468#msg-63468]this trip[/url]
Start from Squamish, bike southeast via some gravel roads. A mountain bike would be best, but you might get by with a hybrid. Expect significant elevation gain of a cumulative 1620m with a high point of 810 metres. There are some small creeks we might have to push the bikes across and perhaps push our bikes past some short washouts. We'll camp at the north end of the Indian Arm and go back the next day to avoid having to sneak through the watershed illegally.
Technically, the trip could be self propelled if we can't find enough cars. We could discuss that if necessary.