VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison Hut Route recconaisance Round 2 · Sat. Jul. 16th - Sun. Jul. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 16th, 2:45 pm
End: Sunday, Jul. 17th, 2:45 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 14th, 2:45 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC clubroom
The plan is to investigate 3 future Route options:
1. Lower Route
A route that goes just above the section that was destroyed in the landslide needs to be explored. The plan at present would be to start near the corner with the Lillooet River valley and Meager Creek the route would then go up gently above the cliffs directly opposite Capricorn Creek and then link up with the previously bushwhacked section in the existing clear cut.
2. Upper Route
The plan would be to essentially start bushwhacking a trail from the highest western most switchback above where the lower route splits off. The route would contour over to the top of an adjacent logging road north of the creek that drain Pika Peak and Uriah's Heap.
3. Possible Route to hut
The third and final led would be to investigate the route that goes up the ridge north of Barr Creek from the logging roads that come out of the Meager Creek valley. There are 2 options for this way and ideally both would be explored. The route connecting with the #2 High route would also need to be investigated to determine if using the existing logging roads or putting in a new line is most advantageous.
Further details on the wiki