VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Skaha climbing trip · Fri. Nov. 7th - Mon. Nov. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : weather dependent
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Nov. 7th
End: Monday, Nov. 10th
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff
Weather permitting, I would like to go to Skaha for the long weekend and do some sport climbing over there.
The advantage over Smith Rocks is that it takes half the time to go there (5hrs) and avoids the hassle of crossing the US border. However the weather may not be as good (we will know on Wednesday).
This is not an instructional trip, you need to know the basics of rock climbing, and find partners and the necessary gear. However, I certainly don't mind climbing as a group and can set-up top-ropes. I would like to try my luck on 5.10's climbs.
I have a 7 seat modo van reserved for that weekend in case no driver joins.