VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Hut overnight · Sat. Nov. 8th - Sun. Nov. 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 8th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 9th, 5:00 pm
All my trips are Beginner Friendly, which means we won't deliberately make you suffer, try to lose you, etc. I don't walk very fast. And I don't get lost.
At this time of the year the trip is 5 km, and you are rewarded at the end with a warm hut. Weather for the weekend looks OK so far, though it's hard to see that far ahead.
You will need a sleeping bag of some sort, a mat, some food, some water to drink, a sweater or two, a jacket, boots, $15 for gas. And you need a ride. My car has several empty seats. I can always hope that others with cars will show up and offer rides, and I can ferry people up the road in case you have a car that is not 4wd.
If you need a work hike, there's a couple of signs which need to be carried up there, and we should tarp the firewood while we can still find it.
I'd love to have a pre-trip meeting but there's already MEC Night on Tuesday, Jeff's Adventure slide show on Wed, and Avalanche Beacon Search Practice before that. So, instead of a pre-trip meeting, email me with any questions. Or talk to me att Jeff's Sea Cliffs slide show on Wed evening.
If you want a seat in my car, email me and I'll issue you with a seat. Because this is Beginner Friendly, I am happy to discuss with you such topics as "what to eat", "what to bring", "who can I share food with", etc., or even loan sleeping bags, mats, etc.
We will probably get back to Vancouver fairly early Sunday, so if you have a heavy date for Sunday evening, that will work OK.