VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Indian Arm Sea Kayaking Extravaganza (Beg Friendly) · Sat. Sep. 24th - Sun. Sep. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 24th
End: Sunday, Sep. 25th
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Sep. 20th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
This is the annual adventure to kayak the indian arm. We will be renting kayaks from Deep Cove (approximately $80/person) or you can bring your own if you have one and the means to transport it.
We will leave from Deep Cove on saturday and kayak up to the top of the indian arm, camping at Granite Falls. Because kayaks allow more weight to be carried than on your back, there will be a potluck dessert/drink on saturday night.
This is a beginner friendly trip, no previous paddling experience is necessary. The double kayaks that can be rented from Deep Cove are super stable.