VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Ski Trip for some Snu Snu. Advanced-Beginner Friendly · Saturday, February 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 21st
End: Saturday, Feb. 21st
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Feb. 10th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Ok-so not actually Snu Snu, but Snow-sorry to disappoint.
Sometimes, Snow is lovely-it's gorgeous, fun, and catches you softly when you fall.
Sometimes Snow breaks your heart-it turns unpredictale and hard, pelts and sandpapers your face with a howl, obscures your vision, and sometimes it even buries and suffocates you.
Whatever happens though, you keep coming back to Snow. Now that's true love.
OK. Barfing-in-mouth and cheesy-ness aside, let's go skiing. We could ski Heartstrings (well, depending on group makeup), hang out by Valentine Lake, wear red clothes and/or sing love songs.
(Destination is conditions dependent, obviously)
I'd like to make this an advanced-beginner friendly outing-this means that the following is required:
1) Overnight backpacking experience-this means you've carried your things in a backpack, cooked/slept outdoors. If you've never winter-camped, that's okay though.
2) At least a little bit of backcountry skiing experience-i.e. having used skins before, ability to ski without hurting yourself/falling every turn. This isn't to be elitist, but it makes it more fun and safe for you.
3) Physical fitness, willingness to suffer a bit, some sense of autonomy and respect for others. Easy laughter is a bonus. :)
4) Please come to the pre-trip meeting. [i]Some[/i] exceptions could be made, but we will be talking about a lot of things and you'll probably learn lots if you haven't done this kind of stuff a lot.