VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Erockita (Climbing Beginner Trip) · Saturday, March 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 21st
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 18th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
This trip has been postponed to March 21st due to heavy rain everywhere (ask the Vantage trip peeps!)
This engagement will take virgin rock climbers (you) to stroke/pull/caress on some granite. Don't worry if it's your first time, there will be 'instructors' there to make sure you do everything safely and keep our members protected.
The curriculum covered will be Rock 1, focused on teaching to tie-in, belay and climb safelty on top-rope.
If you can't hold back till March and feel like you're going to burst at the seams to get on some rocks, this video might give you a bit of relief till then.