VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Summer steep skiing · Sat. May. 23rd - Sun. May. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 23rd
End: Sunday, May. 24th
Pre-trip meeting location: email phaff
Objective Steep Backcountry skiing - trip rescheduled
Photos below were taken July 31, 2007. 2007 was a killer snow year, I'm guessing that were going to have to try two months earlier this year.
photo taken from matier joffre col, thats me climbing in the bottom right
The snow was unreal - like skiing on little snow crystals. Hopefully we will be lucky enough to get awesome snow again this year - I should have posted this trip last year 2007 - 2014 would make better sense following a seven year pattern of awesome july 31 snow - eh what do I know.
My plan is to camp at the matier joffre col.
Ski a run or two saturday, and then the same sunday before returning to the car
First person up Matier gets the first track
Advice on snow conditions and snowline appreciated in the message board thread