VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sky Pilot · Saturday, May 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Anyone interested in doing Sky Pilot in a day? This is a mountaineering/scrambling objective that involves glacier travel and exposed scrambling. There is a particular area of the scramble known as the "pink slab" that some people argue to be a low fifth class rock climb. You should have a reliable self arrest, be comfortable using crampons, and be comfortable with exposure.
Key equipment will include an ice ax, crampons, helmet, and a 30m rope if needed to rapel the pink slab section.
We will not be using the gondola, so this will most likely be approximately a 10 hour day, so please consider your fitness level.
Shoot me an email if you have any questions!