VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Brew Hut Weekend · Fri. Jul. 17th - Sun. Jul. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 17th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 19th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 15th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Brew Hut is located at high col just south of Mnt. Brew. We will be doing some hiking, maintenance, and hangingout. This trip will focus mainly on hut maintenance, but we will also be doing some light trail maintenance. We will be sleeping outside the hut because the plan is to repaint the floors. Therefore, also be prepared to have some old clothes with you that you dont mind maybe getting dirty.
If you enjoy cleaning, organizing, and meeting cool people, this will be an exciting trip for you! This is a rough outline of what we will be doing:
- *Hiking up plenty of equipment!
- Hiking up + Prune top 1/2 along the way
- Organizing the Hut
- Washing the Hut
- Scrub down walls to remove soot from lighting cookstoves
- Scrub down metal countertop cooking surfaces
- Washing the floors - let dry
- Paint floors - let dry
- Paint floors again... - let dry
"Let dry" will occur lots....Therefore, there will be time to hangout, explore, and go swimining inbetween! :)
While this trip is beginer friendly, but expect long days and some physical work. This hike counts as a work hike. Please see the VOC overnight Summer gearlist to see some of the equipment recomended for the trip. We will go over this at the pretrip meeting though!