There will be Tasty Dinner Food supplied by this years executive. Dessert Potluck, and Dancing until midnight!
April 2nd, 2008
Schedule and Details
- 6:30 - Exec and anyone who wants to help shows up to get the place ready (All Exec)
- 7:00 Annual general meeting
Budget (details on the message board) (Dan)
Constitution changes (DAN)
Access issues (Christian Veenstra)
- 7:30 Election
Next year's executive will be elected! Nomination sheet is outside the clubroom.
- 8:00 - Dinner and Awards (Jeff, Christian, and others for awards)
Alumni can bring a potluck item.
Bring your own plates,bowl,fork,spoon to eat with
All members should bring a dessert potluck item
Winners of the club's various awards will be announced.
Winners of the photo contest will be announced
Winners of the journal will be announced
- 9:00 - Slideshow followed by dancing. (Arlin and Helen)
For a change, our guest speaker hasn't climbed Everest or done some insane solo trip half-way across the globe.
This year, we have the honour of having a past VOCer, Helen Lemon-Moore (Archivist '77 - '78). She will be showing various slides of VOC activities during her stay with the club.
- 12:00 - We all have to go home :( or to the pub :) or Siwash rock :p
VOC Members and Alumni!
Donations appreciated at the Door.
This is a non licensed event and no liquor will be sold, nor will people be allowed to bring their own liquor. Sorry, AMS rules...
Formal attire. Even mountain people like to dress up once in a while. If you don't want to, consider wearing your fancy fleece or Gore-Tex jacket.
Exec sign up for food
Don't forget to bring something to serve your dish with.
- Ben SP - Scalloped potatoes
- Champagne - Roasted Garlic Beef Stew
- Richard - Black bean quinoa salad
- Christian S. - Some sort of salad. It will be rich and hearty.
- Piotr - Bigos. Tonnes of it, hopefully. And sorry folks, no pierogi this time...
- Veenstra - spaghetti squash.
- Natalie- Food. Preferably of the yummy variety. (ie still undecided)
- Mahdi - Grilled Chicken.
- Dan - toasted gnocchi (Is that Dan or Allison cooking?)
- Jeff - Duck
- Kaja and Duncan - lots and lots of Pasta