To celebrate the end of another successful academic year, the VOC is holding its annual general meeting in the form of an annual banquet with a member potluck and special guest slideshow. The evening lineup includes:
- Member Potluck
- Annual General Meeting (2010-2011 Budget)
- 2010-2011 VOC Executive Elections
- Slideshow by Kelly Franz - "Splittercrack solidcam wickedline bomberjam -- a few of my favorite trips"
- VOC Awards
- Photo Contest Winners
- Distribution of the VOCJ52
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010
VOC Members and Alumni!
- Free if you arrive before 6:30 pm.
- $2 if you arrive after 6:30 pm
Schedule and Details
- 5:30 pm - Exec and anyone who wants to help shows up to get the place ready (All Exec)
- 6:00 pm - Annual general meeting (AGM), 2009-2010 Budget Review & 2010-2011 Budget approval
- 6:30 pm - 2010-2011 Exec Elections
- 7:00 pm - Potluck Dinner and Slideshow
- 9:00 pm - VOC Awards, photo contest winners and Journal awards.
- 10:00 pm - Distribution of the VOCJ52
- 11:00 pm - The End. Anyone who can help clean up, please do. You will be much loved.
Kelly Franz and some of his climbing adventures.
All members should bring a dish (main course or dessert). Last year, we ran out of main courses and had a bit too many desserts. Sign up below and indicate what you're bringing so we don't end up with 17 of the same thing.
- Potato Salad - Paul "Packed a pile of peeled potatoes" Lanfranchi
- Perogies - Christian "I eat them frozen" Veenstra
- Something made from potatoes - Jacob "Because I found them in a dumpster" Slosberg
- Vegetable Tray - Nick "Digestive Tract Cleaner" Matwyuk
- Chicken of some sort - Roland "Chickens are cheap protein" Burton ; or maybe samosas
- Lamb Couscous - Vicky "I can't cook so Phil will make this for me" Alfred
- Chili - Philip "There are too many vegetarians" Ketterer
- Veggie Curry - Nick "that guy on the bus who smells like curry" Chng
- Cheese and Onion Quiche - Maya "not making dessert this time" Goldstein
- Bread of some sort - Line "like it homemade" Veenstra
- Okonomiyaki - Maki "I like it with lots of cabbage" Sumitani
- Something resembling lasagna - Kelvin "will not punish you with my cooking" Po
- Hashbrown Casserole - Doris "No such thing as too many potatoes" Leong
- Sunflower Seed Bread (homemade) - Gili "sunny this weekend, let's celebrate" Rosenberg
- Spinach Salad - Emily "to keep your muscles fueled for the" Payne
- Veggie Pasta- Emily "Pasta and veggies because it's cheap and delicious (I'm not vegetarian)" Ackroyd
- Lentil Stew - Evan/Greta "yet another veggie dish, but that's ok"
- Cookies - Phil "I have to work until 6 so I have to bring food that can sit in a pack all day" Tomlinson
- Gingerbread Biscotti Janine "b/c they're yummy and easy to make" Welton
- Brownies - Stephanie "mmm....chocolate..." Schmitt
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares - Scott "gluten free" Webster
- Ice cream and cones - Chris "better not melt" Yuen
- Apple crisp and Chocolate chip banana Bread - Christian "can't even make a lame quote" Champagne.
- Cheesecake - Billy F.
- Banana bread - Breanne "too many bananas in the cupboard" Johnson
- Chocolate chip cookies (non vegetarian/made with lard by accident) - Todd "so delicious they're dangerous" Mackenzie
- Capped at 12 until more people sign up for main courses
- Note: Bring your own plate/bowl, mug, fork, spoon to eat with.
Non-Alcoholic drinks only. Due to the AMS insurance cost for off-site events, we opted not to serve alcohol. Your friendly neighbourhood exec will be supplying beverages - remember to bring your mug!
If you'd like to get a workhike in and help sell t-shirts please sign up here!
You are requested to dress up and look spiffy. But if you can't possibly look spiffy, come anyway.