Archive:Girls just a wanna have fun Jan 31 2009
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
This site is still under construction
If you are a girl in the VOC, you have probably like I been sitting in a car full of guys driving up the sea to sky listening to them talking about tools and cars all the way. And it is not that I don't like the company of guys, but miter saws and power drills just doesn't do it for me. Therefor I think it is time that the VOC celebrate the female sex. It is time to include the ladies and exclude the guys. It is time for cutting soft beautiful curves in the powder. It is time for hot chocolate with baileys. It is time for the VOC's first (but hopefully not last) girls only trip.
This is a beginner friendly trip, although it is recommended that you are in reasonable shape as it is a long way in to the hut.
The trip meeting is Wednesday January 28th, 6:00pm, in the clubroom
The trip is January 31st to February 1st, 2008
??We will be going to The Burton Hut, which is one of the VOC's huts. It is located in Garabaldi Park. The ski in is about 16km and 1100m of elevation gain.??
- Gear_lists#ski_hut_trip or see
Note that you can borrow equipment from the club for free. Gear_rental does require a cash deposit, however.
Stuff you need from the club probably includes:
- Skis (bindings are adjustable, ask when you pick them up, make sure they fit your boots)
- Skins (ask the QM - they let your skis go uphill, quite necessary for this trip. Make sure they fit your skis)
- Boots (make sure they fit your feet, and your skis)
- Poles (the Club is very short of poles, consider Cheapskates, MEC, or borrowing)
- Avy transceiver
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened on 31-01-2009. Please do not sign up for it.|
The limit is currently 12 girls including Madeleine and me.
- Lara (sort of tentative but I ought to be free?!?)
- Jasmine McEachern (beginner!)
- Laura C
- Laura M
- Frances (I signed up for the Veenstramobile but if people > car spots i could possibly go the CAN route with enough people)
Please indicate here if you have a car, where you are leaving from and how many people you can transport.
Veenstramobile, leaving from Dunbar and 21st, 5 spots
- Laura C (4th at Waterloo)
- Laura M (UBC)
Trusty Justy, leaving from 8th and MacDonald, says he really wants to go but his driver is not so reliable this year
- Greta (7th and alma)
Mirth Mobile, leaving from Downtown (but I can swing by elsewhere), 4 spots