Archive:Sphinx Hut March 24-25 2007
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
I'm try to plan a weekend trip to Burton Hut in Garibaldi park. The weather and avalanche conditions on Saturday will probably be crap, thus preventing a trip to most other places. Sphinx was selected because the trial is mostly in the trees and across a lake where the avalanche hazard is usually pretty low. If conditions are good/okay on Sunday, there is some excellent ski terrain available. If not, Sphinx is far enough to make a worth while trip on its own.
My car is leaving early on Saturday morning. Please have independent cars as it is a long way in (~17km with ~1000m elevation gain) and waiting for a big group is very time consuming. My car will be traveling at a moderate pace and will be pretty hung over so will require as much time as we can get. The navigation across the lake may be difficult if it is a complete whiteout and previous tracks get filled in with snow.
March, 24th - 25th, 2007
- Matthew Breakey
- Matt Baker
- Seth (can drive)
- Rick Havlak (can drive)
Drivers & Passengers
- Matthew Breakey [Kits, 4 total including me]
- Matt Baker
Must have avalanche and navigation gear (to get across the lake and find the hut in a white out)