A hearty oatmeal which can be prepared beforehand and just requires hot water. Tastes delicious enough to eat for a few days straight. Once you make it the name will make sense.
- Instant/Quick Oats - 1.5 cups
- Chia Seeds - 20 grams
- Skim milk powder - 45 grams
- Cranberries / Raisins - 25 grams
- Maple Sugar / Brown Sugar - 15 grams
- Salt - good pinch
- Salted Butter - tablespoon
- While at home premix all the ingredients except for butter. Play around with the proportions to taste.
- In the backcountry, boil water (400 ml)
- Pour water on top of a portion of oatmeal mix. Make it a bit more watery then normal, the chia seeds will make it thick after heating.
- Add butter and enjoy
- It's better to have the oatmeal be a bit too watery then too dry
- If you're really looking for calories increase the butter amount or add evaporated milk