- January 13th: Glaciers of the South Coast Mountains and Tundra of the Yukon by Natalie Stafl - Henry Angus 413
"I'll be presenting some slides from my work the past couple of summers on the glaciers of the South Coast mountains and squirrel and pika trapping in the Ruby Ranges of the Yukon Territory. Ever lost a weather balloon or seen air-dropped potatoes instanly mash before your eyes? Come out to see Rich jumping crevasses with bright pink poles and learn how to make a proper 'squirrel ball' when live capturing arctic ground squirrels. Ditch those summer desk jobs and find out how 'work' and 'play' have the potential to be one and the same."
- January 20th: Sports Injuries: How to Treat and Avoid Them by Matthew Nelson
- January 27th: Open Slot
- February 3rd: Three Weeks in the Kootenays: Hiking, Scrambling and Cycling by Gili Rosenberg and Maya Goldstein
- February 10th: Ski Mountaineering in Sphinx Bay - photos and ski trips to Castle Towers, Phillis' Engine, Carr, The Bookworms, Sphinx and The Deception Pinnacles. Also a good primer for Sphinx Ski Camp 2010
- March 3th: Semester in Patagonia with the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS): Mountaineering, Sea Kayaking, Backpacking, and Gauchos by Jacob Slosberg
- March 10th: Bike Touring in Vietnam by Phil Thomlinson
- March 17th: Sportclimbing in Spain by Richard So
- June 23rd, 7pm: Get that monkey off your back: A workshop for packing lighter, cohosted by James Murphy and others
The location of the workshop is at Math 103, just next to Koerner library. The building will be open at that time, so there shouldn't be any problem getting in. Keep in mind that there's also a Math annex building, it's the one closest to the library.
"Hiking and camping is a lot of fun but can be a pain in the back if your pack is too heavy. In this workshop we’ll explore ways to get your backpack lighter than you imagined possible - without spending a lot. The theme is ‘lighten it, lessen it or leave it’. This will be an interactive workshop, with several experienced VOC gram-counters on hand to share detailed tips and answer the questions that have been weighing you down. "
- Monday Sept 27th Intro night 2010 Let Veenstra show you how to get on trips, how to get a ride, how to use the wiki and the notice board, how to organize trips and all that stuff. Everything you ever wanted to know about the VOC MATH 100, 7pm.
- Wednesday Sept 29th LongHike pre-trip meeting, find out what you need to bring, get a ride, etc MATH 100, 7pm.
- Thursday Sept 30th Scott Webster will show pictures from his recent trip to Auyuittuq National Park on Baffin Island. Note that it will happen on Thursday, at 6:30pm at the clubroom, as opposed to the usual 7pm Wedesdays.
- October 6th: A summer in the Arctic: Ellesmere Island, Nunavut by Breanne Johnson
- October 13th: Title yet to be decided, something involving cool short videos and pointy mountains probably, by Ira Sutherland
- October 20th Veentra, Line, Kjell and Steve: Waddington range the old-fashioned way (note, not in the clubroom but in MATX 1100, 7pm) (watch YouTube trailer).
- October 27th: The Island of Your Dreams: A Few Trips on Vancouver Island by Gili Rosenberg and Maya Goldstein, 7:30pm (clubroom)
- November 3th : "Training for climbing, avoiding injuries" by Sabrina Burkhardt
- November 10th : "Climbing in South Africa" by Dan Gainer
- November 17th : "How I met and climbed Mt. Bryce" by Yan Pennec
- November 24th : "The pipedreams project: 3 kayakers, 900 km, 2 months" by Faroe Des Roches
- December 1th : "Jared Stanley memorial lecture" with talks by Tim Jones (North Shore SAR), John Howe (Squamish SAR), and Klara Sedlacek (VOC), plus the screening of an avalanche awareness movie (at MATH 100, 7pm).
- December 8th : No slideshow, but a movie instead! Phil got "The Way I See It" which is this year's Matchstick Productions (MSP) movie. MSP movies tend to be pretty awesome and ending up at The Gallery afterwards is a distinct possibility. Takes place in the club room at 7pm
- December 15th : No slideshow, but a movie instead! Phil will show something from his extensive Matchstick Productions (MSP) movie collection. MSP movies tend to be pretty awesome and ending up at The Gallery afterwards is guaranteed. Takes place in the club room at 7pm