Peak or Pump?
The BC Parks map (PDF) calls both the first and second peak "pumps"... although I think calling them peaks or pumps doesn't make too big of a difference. -Sam Mason 10:27, 20 July 2009 (PDT)
- The definitive source for mountain names is the BC Geographical names database. It lists two official names - Pump Peak and Mount Seymour. If I knew how to insert a citation, I would do that. Scott Nelson 10:39, 20 July 2009 (PDT)
- Seems fair. The "Pump Peak" page from the database says that:
- the summit between Pump Peak and Mount Seymour is sometimes called Second Peak, Second Pump or Second Pump Peak.
- If I recall correctly (I did this hike two days ago) most of the signage on the mountain and trail refers to "Second Pump", so I think it would be useful to include both names (at least in brackets) in the article.
- -Sam Mason 10:58, 20 July 2009 (PDT)