VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Heather Trail Overnighter (Beginner friendly) · Sat. Sep. 12th - Sun. Sep. 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 12th
End: Sunday, Sep. 13th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Sep. 10th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: The new clubroom!
The heather trail is an easy 21 km hike along the three brothers mountains. Start and end point are at two different locations, ideally we'd have at least 2 cars that we can split into 2 groups, each one hiking from one side. We would meet then in the middle at Kicking Horse Lake and camp there together, maybe do a trip to one! or two!! or even three!!! of the brothers from there on..
Best time to go was until mid of August because of all the colorful flowers, but who needs flowers?!? They just stand around and look pretty, we don't need them, we'll go anyways! (if you sign up ;) )