VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
June turns (Intermediate friendly) · Sunday, June 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jun. 9th
End: Sunday, Jun. 9th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 5th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC monthly BBQ
UPDATE: Trip has been change to a day trip on Sunday
PLEASE NOTE: location of pretrip changed to VOC BBQ location at 6:30 PM
If you like bootpacking with skis on your back, maybe travelling on glaciers, and skiing spring corn (or terrible slush, will see), this may be the trip for you...If you have never skied in June, this is definetly the trip for you!
We'll leave Vancouver early on Saturday, and return on Sunday late evening. Options include (depending on conditions):
- Mamquam Mtn
- Brandywine Mtn (with an extension to the alcoholic traverse?)
- Locomotive group
- Tzil and Taylor
Example of what it could be like on the trip report from Mamquam a couple years ago.
- Ability to ski with more or less style black-rated slopes with an overnight pack and in suboptimal snow conditions
- Avalanche & companion rescue awareness
- Overnight camping experience (not necessarily on snow!)
- Glacier travel experience (especially if we go for options including glaciers)
We'll have a potluck style dinner on Saturday night.
Group size is capped at 8, and two cars are required. Some of the options above need 4WD high clearance vehicles but some can be reached on 2WD.
Email me if any questions!
** If oversubscribed, priority will be given to those with less experience