Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant · Wed. Sep. 1st - Mon. Jan. 31st
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Seton Kriese
Start: Wednesday, Sep. 1st
End: Monday, Jan. 31st, 11:59 pmDescription:
The Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant is open for 2022 applications! The grant criteria, eligibility, and the application form can be found here.
The Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant is a grant organized by the VOC in the memory of past VOC member Neil Mackenzie.
“We, his parents, want to keep Neil's memory alive in VOC by awarding a grant to a suitable applicant or applicants who can demonstrate a wish to seek adventure or training in physical outdoor activities, preferably in Scotland, and help them to achieve their objectives. The funding for an adventure will be divided - part funded by VOC fundraising, part by The Neil Mackenzie Trust, and part by the applicants themselves.”
- Margaret and Angus Mackenzie, November 2016
The deadline to submit the application form is midnight on January 31st, 2022. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] with “Neil Mackenzie Grant 2022 Application” in the subject line.
Awards of up to $2000 are available to current student, associate, or honorary VOC members.
** Important ** We are asking that 2022 applicants take into account the current COVID-19 situation in their trip plans and explain how they plan on working around travel restrictions, self-isolation, etc. and/or why their trip plan is relatively unaffected by COVID-19 (ie. no international travel).
Applications will be judged based on:
1. Spirit of adventure
2. Quality and originality of trip plan
3. Feasibility (financial & logistic). For 2022 the current COVID-19 situation will also be considered.
4. Self-propelled travel is encouraged
5. Active contribution in the VOC community
6. Applicants must demonstrate sufficient technical experience and background to safely complete their proposed adventure (i.e. AST / Glacier School).
7. Preference for adventures held in Scotland
8. Adventures in any other location will be considered
- All VOC members are invited to apply: associate, student and honorary members.
- Individual or small groups may apply.
- For group applications: one application should be submitted for the adventure.
- Adventures should be executed in the upcoming year 03/2021 – 03/2022
- Involvement with the VOC community is considered favourably. Applicants are encouraged to discuss their volunteer history with the VOC, or their specific plans to give back to the VOC.
- Applications are due by 11:59 pm January 31st, 2022, by email to [email protected]
· Award winners are expected to complete a trip report and submit a version to the VOC Journal, and to the Neil Mackenzie Trust ([email protected]). A VOC slideshow presentation following the trip is also expected.
Posted: 2021-09-08 18:30:40