Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Step #1 to the Neve [Learn to Ski] · Sat. Dec. 10th - Sun. Dec. 11th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Ethan Somji
Start: Saturday, Dec. 10th
End: Sunday, Dec. 11th
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 6th
Pre-trip meeting location: ClubroomDescription:
Read the Steps to the Neve Trip description FIRST.
Have you never ever skied before? (or maybe you have once or twice) Do you want to venture into the backcountry this season?
This trip is meant for people who DO NOT already know how to ski. If you already know how to ski but want to get into the backcountry I recommend you sign up another trip.
One resort day (probably at Seymour) and one day in the backcountry on the North Shore or at Red Heather. Whether we go on Sunday will depend on avalanche conditions.
You will need to purchase a lift ticket and chip in to cover the cost of your instructor’s ticket as well. I expect the cost will be around $120.
Skills you will hopefully learn:
Pizza and french fries
Gear you will need:
Day one: skis, boots, poles, helmet
Day two: everything from day one plus climbing skins and avi gear (beacon, shovel, probe)
*you can rent all this gear from the clubroom with a deposit of $520 which you will get back once you return the gear
The number of people who can come will depend on how many instructors we have, so please sign up if you’d like to help teach!
Email me if you have any questions :)
Posted: 2022-11-17 13:46:29