Members can insert new events into the calendar and signup for trips, but please read the instructions before posting.
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.

[Steps to the Neve] Part 4: Winter camping and longer days · Sat. Mar. 18th, 2023 - Sun. Mar. 19th, 2023

Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened

  • Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
  • This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
  • This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
  • Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
  • Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
  • Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
  • Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
  • Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
  • Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Joseph Meyer.

Start: Saturday, Mar. 18th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 19th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Mar. 14th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom


Please read the Steps to the Neve trip description first.


Signup priority will be given to those who have completed previous steps to the Neve trips and who are planning on doing the Neve this spring. We will also need people with more experience to help out.


Experience Needed: some experience skiing with an overnight pack (previous step), and the fitness to ski uphill/downhill for a full day over long distances.


Skills gained: getting comfortable skiing with a full overnight (camping gear) pack, winter camping, and skiing longer distances.


The location is TBD, as it will depend on the weather, avalanche danger, the experience level of the group, etc. - we will decide at the pre-trip. However, you should expect more distance and more elevation than step 3, and we will be winter camping as opposed to staying in a hut.

Posted: 2023-02-10 16:45:31
Last modified: 2023-03-09 15:00:43