- October 6: 10am-4pm: First Annual VOC Stuff Swap One VOCer's garbage is another VOCer's treasure: Swap your long neglected gear and you may find something worth your wild.
- October 7-8: Longhike Neither long nor a hike, it's an intro rock climbing school with a big party. Great time to meet new members.
- October 14-15: Roe Creek Trail Workhike Trail building on the main winter access route to the Brew Hut.
- October 20-22: Leavenworth Climbing trip in Washington State.
- October 21: Orienteering School Learn how people used to navigate with a compass and map before the invention of GPSs
- October 21: Needle Peak 16th (apparently ?) annual hiking trip on a nice granitic summit near Coquilhalla area
- October 21-22: MEC Gear Swap Ever wanted to sleep on Broadway? Want really cheap gear? Come and join other VOCers in an bi-annual tradition sleepover in front of MEC Vancouver Store. Not to miss!
- October 28-29: Skaha Climbing trip to Penticton, BC. VOC Okanagan may be climbing with us.