Archive:Trip Agenda 2009
THESE THINGS HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED
- January 10th - 11th: Winter Longhike 2009 Location Near Red Heather Picnic Shelter
- January 12th: VOC Booth at Food Fair
- January 12th: BC Trails Strategy: Open House Session Holiday Inn North Van, 700 Old Lillooet Rd., North Van. 6:30 to 9:00 pm
- January 17th - 18th: Matthew's Gnarfest Phelix Hut Birthday 2009
- January 24th: Tele School 2009
- January 24th - 25th: Meghan's Powfest Burton Hut 2009
- January 27th: Avalanche Course 2009: Classroom Session
- January 31th - February 1th: Avalanche Course 2009: Field Course
- January 31th - February 1th: Girls just a wanna have fun No boyz allowed!
- January 31th - February 1th: Gender neutral / LGBTQ positive / intersex just wanna go skiing Jan 31 2009 Everyone allowed!
- February 7th - 8th Intro to Backcountry Skiing 2009
- February 14 - 16 Holy Neve Trip Batman! The Neve's just so damn popular, we have to run two trips? Still waiting on an RSVP from Batman...
- Feb 20 - Feb 22 Intro to Ski Mountaineering / Classic reading break Neve trip Not hardcore enough to go climb Baker self-propelled, but still want to do some light ski-mountaineering? This is the trip for you!
- Reading Week Feb 14-22. This is an opportunity to do somewhat longer trips, either snowy or warmish. Roland will probably do Sphinx /Neve unless he gets a better offer.
- February 14th - 22th: Red Rocks Reading Week Trip 2009 Week-long Rock Climbing trip to Vegas X-D
- February 20th - 23th Self Propelled From UBC to Mt.Baker
- February 21st Ski Mountaineering Race in Nelson
- February 23rd Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- February 20th - 28th: 12th edition of Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival Over a week of outdoors films
- February 28th - March 1th: Meet and Greet the VOCO @ Phelix!
- March 2nd: Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- March 7th - 8th: Intro to Ice Climbing 2009
- March 7th - 8th: Rainbow Lake Ski-Camping
- March 9th: Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- March 13th: EDITING EXTRAVAGANZA! Friday at Calhouns
- March 14 th - 15th: Sicktastic Powderfest 2009
- March 16th: Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- March 19 th: AST1 Classroom Session
- March 21 st - 22nd: AST1 Field Session
- March 14 th - 15th and 21st - 22nd: AST2 Course 2009 Canceled because we didn't get enough participants
- March 23rd: Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- March 28 th - 29th Brew Bitch Trip
- March 30th: Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- April 2nd End of the year Banquet!
- April 4th Son of Rock 2009 Intro to Rock climbing, anchor setting, trad lead climbing, rescue, etc.
- April 6th: Yoga with the VOC Monday evenings in the SUB
- April 8/9th - 11/12th Vantage Climbing Trip 2009
- April 14th Climbing Wall Competition
- April 17th Oldies Ski Tuning Party and Inventory Workhike - For guilty parties. More info on the trip forum.
- April 18th - 19th Self Propelled Ski Trip Piotr Style! Has to be re-scheduled due to Piotr's marking duties that weekend :-(
April 18th Ski Mountaineering Race in WhistlerCanceled due to economy implosion.
- May 6th: May BBQ
- May 9th - 10th: MEC Gear Swap Spring 2009
- May 16th - 18th: Skaha May long weekend 2009
- June 3rd: June BBQ
- June 13th - 14th: Round 1 renos on Brian Waddington Hut
- June 27th - 28th: Overnight trip to Brew Hut. Talk to Roland if you want to come. Brew Hut
- July 1st: July BBQ
- July 11th - 12th: Beginner friendly trip to Elsay Lake
- July 18th - 19th: Beginner friendly trip to Mt. Price
- July 22nd (??)- 24th Mid-week Ramble Attempted Harrison Hut but road was closed. Went to Marriott Basin instead
- August 5th August BBQ
- August 14th - 16th Mid-week Ramble to Anniversary Glacier (Joffre-Matier Col)
- Monday August 24th --> ? Mid-week Ramble to Harrison Hut
- August 29th - 30th Summer Neve Crossing
- September 2nd: September BBQ
- September 3rd: Gala Orientation Volunteers needed to run our booth.
- September 5th - 7th Labour Day Long Weekend: Mountaineering Camp 2009 -This may turn into a possible Vantage trip?
- September 8th: Imagine Day Volunteers needed to run our booth.
- September 12th - 13th: Brew Hut See our most accessible Hut, before the snow comes. Chance for work hike if you want.
- September 12th - 13th: HSCTSP09 Howe Sound Crest Trail, self propelled
- September 16th: Mandatory Dry School for Glacier School 2009 participants. 7pm Buchanan B213 If you don't go to this, you will lose your reservation for Glacier School.
- September 19th: Beginner Friendly Scramble to Needle Peak
- September 19th - 20th: Glacier School 2009 Anniversary Gl. Both Glacier 1 and Glacier 2 are full and have long waiting lists. Needle Peak (see below) might be a better choice.
- September 22nd Autumn Equinox Half way to the shortest day of the year. Party time?
- September 23th - 25th: UBC Clubs Days 2009 Volunteers needed to run our booth and show off our Club to the rest of the University.
- September 26th: Lynn-Hanes-Grouse (Transit accessible day hike) - now with its own wiki page
- September 26th-27th: Check climbing trip
September 27th Dog Mountain and Suicide Bluffs, on Seymour
- September 30th: Intro night 2009 An introduction to the VOC for new and prospective members
- October 3rd - 4th : Indian Arm Kayak 2009
- October 3rd - 4th : Brew Hut Adventure Work hike opportunity, if you want
- October 4th : MEC Gear Swap Fall 2009
- October 10th - 11th : Longhike 2009
- October 12th: Thanksgiving Day. University closed.
- October 17th or 18th: The Grouse Grind
- October 17th - 18th: Garibaldi Lake/Panorama Ridge
- October 17th - 18th: Intro to backcountry hotsprings 2009
- October 18: Beverley Creek Ski Trail Work Hike (Callaghan Valley)
- Wednesday October 21st: Monthly Leave No Trace Seminar: Seven Principles
- October 24th: Lynn Canyon 2009
- October 24th: Another Beverley Creek Ski Trail Work Hike (Callaghan Valley)
- October 24th - 25th: Golden Ears SP
- October 24th - 25th: Phelix Creek Trail Workhike
October 24th - 25th: Jeanine's Wedgemont Lake tripCancelled
- Wednesday October 28th:Weekly Whitewater Pool Sesssions @ the UBC Aquatic Centre
- October 30th - November 1st: Annual Halloween Skaha Climbing Trip 2009
- Saturday November 7th – Backcountry Avalanche Workshop 2009 - Presented by the Canadian Avalanche Centre
- November 7th - 8th – Beginner Backcountry Hot Springs
- Tuesday November 10th – MEC Clubs night - come to MEC after hours, get 10% off, and find out about MEC, and how the VOC and ACC work together!
- Wednesday November 11th – Remembrance Day. University closed
- November 11th - 15th – Smith Rock Climbing Trip 2009
- Monday November 16th – Payment deadline for December Avalanche Courses
- Tuesday November 17th – Flakes Movie Screening
- 7:30 pm, Irving K. Barber Library, room 182, UBC
- Wednesday November 18st – Monthly Leave No Trace Seminar
- November 21st - 22nd – Intro to wilderness survival 2
- November 21st - 22nd – Intro to wilderness survival
- November 21st - 22nd – Annual Beginner Ski Debacle at Brew Hut
- Wednesday November 25th – Annual Jared Stanley Memorial Lecture
- Thursday Movember 26th – Movember Gala Parté 2009
- Wednesday December 2nd – Winter Social
- December 4th – Last day of classes for most faculties.
- December 5th - 6th – Wilderness First Aid Course (16h)
- Course is full
- December 5th - 6th – Another Beginner Skiing trip to Brew Hut
- December 8th – December examinations begin for most faculties.
- Tuesday December 8th– Avalanche course Classroom Session (AST 1)
- 7:00pm - 10:00pm @ CWMS, 47 W. Broadway
- December 12th - 13th – Avalanche course (AST 1) One day at Seymour and one day at Whistler
- Course is full
- December 12th - 13th –
Avalanche course (AST 1) Two days at Seymour
- Canceled due to insufficient participants
- December 22nd– Last day of December examinations for most faculties.
- December 29th - January 3rd – Annual Brian Waddington New Year Trip